Experiencing the multitude of benefits that come with Fapstinence is the reason why we are all here. I have read thousands of success stories, thousands of relapse stories and thousands of recovery stories. So I decided to give you the top 10 reasons to try and continue the practice of NoFap. Keep in mind that these benefits appear at different stages for everyone, and some may have certain benefits while others experience different benefits altogether.
1. A boost in energy and testosterone levels. After just one week without fapping, your brain raises testosterone levels by up to 45% plus you will notice that you have a lot more energy than before. This energy can be expressed as many things – it can be expressed as a dose of caffeine giving you a boost everyday or a tingly feeling through-out your body. It can even be sexual desire or raw sexual energy and attraction – some even say this energy is enough to literally heat up a room. However this energy is expressed in your being; make sure to fully utilize it.
2. Self-Confidence – you will no longer second guess everything you say or do around other people, especially groups of women. This includes being able to defend your opinions in a discussion, heated or otherwise. Plus off-handed remarks people make will not bother you as much since you will be indifferent, calm, and have a relaxed and laid back attitude. You will feel like you can be part of something and provide equal value to it, such as a college group assignment or a career where you work with a team.
3. Self-Control. Completing a challenge or going on a successful NoFap streak has a lot of major challenges along the way like intense cravings, the Flatline, or a void where porn used to be. By overcoming this, you are building discipline while strengthening the prefrontal cortex in your brain. This part of your brain is responsible for saying no when a huge urge hits, or reminding you of the consequences of certain actions. As Lao Tzu once said, “Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.”
4. Your mental clarity will be at it’s most optimal. And you will experience reduced brain fog. Most people report a massive increase in memory and cognitive functioning. For example, being able to make a story flow, the ability to stay focused during a conversation and the ability to keep up in a fast paced environment such as your job or at your college. Furthermore, you will be able to make better choices on everything based on future consequences.
5. Your outlook on sex changes. Sex becomes amazing again for some, while for others, sex becomes better than porn for the first time. If you are familiar with the feeling of your chest pounding, heart racing, mouth watering, and your entire body heating up because you are on your favorite porn site – then picture that happening just because a girl took off her blouse and bra right in front of you. That is how sex should be not porn.
6. You gain a real libido. You will find that you have an amazing sexual drive and not just cravings for porn or sex or intimacy. This means that how you look at women has rapidly changed. When you are with a woman, you will want to connect with her on a mental level instead of just wanting to have a meaningless one-night stand with no regard for the woman afterwards. There will be real desire and the need to want to connect and build on that connection.
7. Your basal instincts are in check – this means not seeing a beautiful woman and immediately thinking about having sex with her. When most of the beautiful women you see on a daily basis are on a screen having sex, then all you see in women is the potential for sex before actually getting to know them. This is called sexual conditioning and is flush in our very sex positive society. This is also why porn is so bad, it gives a skewed perception of how to act towards, around and with women. If you approach a woman with this mindset then you are just handicapping yourself and losing any good chance of dating said woman.
8. Erectile dysfunctions are gone – such porn-induced ED, delayed ejaculation, and premature ejaculation and so on and so forth. Unless this has happened to you, imagine finally getting to have sex with an amazing girl, maybe even for the first time and you can’t even get it up. The aftermath of this is emotionally shattering for both people involved. The girl may think that she is unattractive or not good enough, and the guy feels worthless as a man for not being able to do the most basic part of human nature. It is even worse for those so addicted to porn that they have ‘porn creep’. After a successful reboot though, these problems fade away, and pleasing a woman will become second nature.
9. You enjoy the little things again. Enjoyment in the little things in life returns such as renewed interest in certain hobbies, music, food etc. You will find yourself slowing down to enjoy things in life such as sunsets or just taking your dog for a walk. You will once again enjoy just lounging on your deck and soaking up the sun and even killing time playing with your cat.
10. A full 180 degree flip – from a glass half empty mindset to glass half full mindset. After a successful reboot, don’t be surprised if you find yourself being more optimistic about everything. You will just enjoy life because you are alive.
HERE IS WHY YOU ARE NOT EXPERIENCING THESE BENEFITS:
1. YOU ARE STILL WATCHING PORN:
If you are still watching porn while doing NoFap then you are in a losing battle. It is the same as writing a test in college and cheating. It won;t end well for you and you can relapse into PMO. You won’t get any benefits except for short term satisfaction and lots of regret from porn watching. The benefits that you get from being fapstinent is a better life and relief from a crippling porn addiction. Relapsing on porn makes your dopamine levels unstable and that causes delay in getting benefits of NoFap and the more porn you watch the less NoFap benefits you get if any at all. NoFap isn’t just about not touching yourself but re-wiring your brain so that it functions properly and porn free. Think twice is you think NoFap is just about stopping masturbation, it is much more than that – this is about having a good life that is positive, full of energy and without negativity. Remember, porn is like a slow poison.
2. YOUR DIET IS POOR:
A poor diet is one of the major attributes as to why man men (and women) do not see the full benefits while they are doing NoFap. Poor nutrition can impair our daily health and well-being and reduce our ability to lead an enjoyable and active life. In the short term, poor nutrition can contribute to stress, tiredness and our capacity to work, and over time, it can contribute to the risk of developing some illnesses and other health problems. It is best to have a good variety of healthy foods from the five food groups each day.
Many of you may know how crucial our daily diet could be for our health. Without a nutritional diet, your body can become weak and more vulnerable to seasonal viruses. Nofap does help your body by supporting the immune system which is the backbone of your health but you still need to eat well. There are many diets and diet plans out there so I won’t get into this much but I will say this, maybe try eating foods that are full in life energy such as:
Sperm increasing foods have an esoteric aspect of life force regeneration; these foods include seeds, nuts, eggs, yogurt, fruits, and sprouting seeds. Sprouting seeds are known to grow right through concrete which only ads to its mystery and ability for you to gain power. Even Yogurt, which is considered a controlled spoilage is filled with living bacteria (life energy) and is good for us. The aspect of life lives in these foods, especially when they are raw/lightly cooked, take advantage of these aspects and retain life with-in you. Furthermore, you should also drink lots of water. Start in the morning with a good amount and keep drinking throughout the day. But don’t try to overdo it since in certain situations, drinking lots of water can be dangerous.
Try looking into foods that give you life force energy like the ones listed in this article.
3. DO MEDITATION OR YOGA OR SELF INTROSPECTION TO DECOMPRESS:
We all can get stressed out when doing NoFap so it is best to somehow decompress. That can be anything from meditation or yoga to learning something new or for some people cooking and/or cleaning. I would suggest Yoga or meditation to de-stress and clear your mind because Yoga’s incorporation of meditation and breathing can help improve a person’s mental well-being. Regular yoga practice creates mental clarity and calmness; increases body awareness; relieves chronic stress patterns; relaxes the mind; centers attention; and sharpens concentration.
Ways to meditate can include:
- Guided meditation. Sometimes called guided imagery or visualization, with this method of meditation you form mental images of places or situations you find relaxing.You try to use as many senses as possible, such as smells, sights, sounds and textures. You may be led through this process by a guide or teacher.
- Mantra meditation. In this type of meditation, you silently repeat a calming word, thought or phrase to prevent distracting thoughts.
- Mindfulness meditation. This type of meditation is based on being mindful, or having an increased awareness and acceptance of living in the present moment.
- In mindfulness meditation, you broaden your conscious awareness. You focus on what you experience during meditation, such as the flow of your breath. You can observe your thoughts and emotions, but let them pass without judgment.
- Qi gong. This practice generally combines meditation, relaxation, physical movement and breathing exercises to restore and maintain balance. Qi gong (CHEE-gung) is part of traditional Chinese medicine.
- Tai chi. This is a form of gentle Chinese martial arts. In tai chi (TIE-CHEE), you perform a self-paced series of postures or movements in a slow, graceful manner while practicing deep breathing.
- Transcendental Meditation®. Transcendental Meditation is a simple, natural technique. In Transcendental Meditation, you silently repeat a personally assigned mantra, such as a word, sound or phrase, in a specific way.
- This form of meditation may allow your body to settle into a state of profound rest and relaxation and your mind to achieve a state of inner peace, without needing to use concentration or effort.
- Yoga. You perform a series of postures and controlled breathing exercises to promote a more flexible body and a calm mind. As you move through poses that require balance and concentration, you’re encouraged to focus less on your busy day and more on the moment.
Here are some ways you can practice meditation on your own, whenever you choose:
- Breathe deeply. This technique is good for beginners because breathing is a natural function.
- Focus all your attention on your breathing. Concentrate on feeling and listening as you inhale and exhale through your nostrils. Breathe deeply and slowly. When your attention wanders, gently return your focus to your breathing.
- Scan your body. When using this technique, focus attention on different parts of your body. Become aware of your body’s various sensations, whether that’s pain, tension, warmth or relaxation.
- Combine body scanning with breathing exercises and imagine breathing heat or relaxation into and out of different parts of your body.
- Repeat a mantra. You can create your own mantra, whether it’s religious or secular. Examples of religious mantras include the Jesus Prayer in the Christian tradition, the holy name of God in Judaism, or the om mantra of Hinduism, Buddhism and other Eastern religions.
- Walk and meditate. Combining a walk with meditation is an efficient and healthy way to relax. You can use this technique anywhere you’re walking, such as in a tranquil forest, on a city sidewalk or at the mall.
- When you use this method, slow down your walking pace so that you can focus on each movement of your legs or feet. Don’t focus on a particular destination. Concentrate on your legs and feet, repeating action words in your mind such as “lifting,” “moving” and “placing” as you lift each foot, move your leg forward and place your foot on the ground.
- Engage in prayer. Prayer is the best known and most widely practiced example of meditation. Spoken and written prayers are found in most faith traditions.
- You can pray using your own words or read prayers written by others. Check the self-help section of your local bookstore for examples. Talk with your rabbi, priest, pastor or other spiritual leader about possible resources.
- Read and reflect. Many people report that they benefit from reading poems or sacred texts, and taking a few moments to quietly reflect on their meaning.
- You can also listen to sacred music, spoken words, or any music you find relaxing or inspiring. You may want to write your reflections in a journal or discuss them with a friend or spiritual leader.
- Focus your love and gratitude. In this type of meditation, you focus your attention on a sacred image or being, weaving feelings of love, compassion and gratitude into your thoughts. You can also close your eyes and use your imagination or gaze at representations of the image.
4. YOU ARE JUST LAZY:
If you think NoFap is hard – well it is! If you want to change your life for the better then how you change it will be hard. Just don’t make it harder by being lazy if you fail once, twice, three times or more – get back up, dust yourself off and TRY AGAIN. We all fail at NoFap at some point, even me. Just make sure to not be lazy and throw in the towel on a life changing practice. Keep trying and you will reap the benefits and attain your true potential in life. Start working on something that can help you become the best version of yourself.
If you are just not ejaculating and think that is NoFap then you are wrong. The practice is much more than abstaining from ejaculation – it is about changing your life for the better. If you want noticeable benefits from practicing Fapstinence then you can’t just watch movies, play videos, be on Netflix or Hulu or Amazon prime and think you will just receive magical life changing benefits out of the blue. Doing this will not only make you lazy but can also make you angry from the lack of progress. Try developing good habits to help you in your NoFap journey and stay on track such as working out, eating properly, learning new skills and practicing yoga or meditation. Remember, this is something to change your life for the better, there is no reason to be lazy about it.
5. YOU HAVE TOO MANY DISTRACTIONS AND YOU NEED TO STAY POSITIVE:
NoFap can take a lot of concentration and distractions can take their toll especially if you are on the edge of a relapse. It is best to be on a high vibrational level of positivity where you expel all negative emotions and situations – people included. If they are not good for you in your life then why keep them around to bring you down? Don’t be on a low vibrational energy – that kind of energy is linked to fear, anxiety, sadness and depression. The higher your vibration, the more authentic you are, and the more capable you’ll be of tuning into what you really want and then manifesting it in the world.
For NoFap, it is crucial that you are very positive about the experience so that you have a way less chance of relapsing. The more negative you are then the more you will want that quick dopamine hit of porn and want to be lazy and give up on NoFap. Don’t let this happen happen to you . Keep positive and stay positive – this is a life changing practice. Don’t let distractions separate you for a 180 in life.